Sailboat Race

Sailboat Race
Dad and I sailing

Friday, May 11, 2012

To Kill A Mockingbird (the Movie)

  During our English unit on To Kill a Mockingbird, I watched the To Kill a Mockingbird movie. It was very good despite the lack of color. Something interesting is that when I think back to the movie I remember it in color. My favorite movie character was Dill. I thought he was adorable. He was always wearing church attire in contrast to Scout's overalls. The Radley house looked exactly like I had pictured it. Some parts I wish they could have kept in but did not are the house burning and the visit to Calpurnia's church.
  Atticus was portrayed particularly well. I now understand why he is an iconic symbol of justice. He was such an authoritative, intelligent, and understanding character. The trial was very sad. Eventhough I already knew the outcome, I was rooting for the defense. Mr. Ewell was despicable as he could be. From his looks to his language to him spitting on Atticus he was completely unlikable.
  The movie was very good, and I am thankful for finally being exposed to this classic of southern literature and film.

No comments: